Find below some examples for case studies of our enzyme R&D work ranging from Directed Enzyme Evolution in biocatalysis over applications of enzymes in industrial biotech towards proof-of-concept studies and enzyme discovery.
CASE STUDY I
Biocatalysis: Imine reductase evolution
An imine reductase (IRED) was engineered to use NAD+ as cofactor and yield more product at client-defined reaction conditions.
- 6.4 fold enhanced NAD+ acceptance
- 89 % conversion (up from 14 %)
CASE STUDY II
Formulation: Cellulase evolution
A cellulase was evolved for the use in washing detergents, specifically to have a prolonged shelf life at room temperature and secondarily higher activity during application.
- 700% prolonged shelf-life
- 30 % activity improvement
CASE STUDY III
Sugar converting enzyme!
The goal was to identify sugar converting enzymes that are active on the client’s target reaction while displaying sufficient stability for use in the digestive tract.
- 15 enzyme candidates identified
- 13 successfully expressed
- Activity assay with digestive-tract model
- 3 enzymes with desired performance